activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Strategy for implementing JMS priority for memory store?
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 17:00:34 GMT
I’m looking to spend some time in the next 1-2 week to implement priority
for the JMS message store.

I think my strategy was going to be to implement it entirely in
the MemoryMessageStore and use either a PriorityBlockingQueue or a
ConcurrentSkipListMap
to back the queue.

This way I can look at the JMS priority on the message and sort the entire
queue by JMS priority.

Unless I’m missing something, this seems like the most straight forward way
to implement this feature.

Am I missing something.

One issue is the remove() method.  Is this actually used? I assume this is
for JMX and the ability to remove an individual item from a queue?

this feature is nice I imagine but I do have to admit it limits the
potential solutions and potential performance optimizations that can happen
in the queue.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*