activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marc Schöchlin ...@256bit.org>
Subject Re: Unix init script buggy
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:13:42 GMT
Hi,

it seems that debian is not using the init script provided by the activemq project.

I downloaded and extracted the current debian script of the activemq package from https://packages.debian.org/jessie/all/activemq/download
(see attached file)

In 2009 the init script of the activemq distribution was a really bit ugly.
I did a rewrite years ago but it was hard to get the new script in a maintained state because
the project was really slow in reviewing and accepting patches.
In the last weeks i did some further improvements and got some patches to upstream.

It´s hard to write and maintain a general init script which can be used on various unix/linux
platforms.
I really welcome any feedback which helps me to really improve that script.

See also:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/pull/61

Regards
Marc

--
GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net