activemq-users mailing list archives

From xabhi <xabh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DOS attack on activemq setup
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 06:12:01 GMT
Thanks gary for the insights here.

>>there are connection limits (on a transport connector) and message size
limits on openwire.
If I specify these options, are these checked for every new connection and
messages that arrive at broker.
I am asking this because my ActiveMQ setup recieves around 40 million
messages throughout the day and so do you think a check on message size for
every message can create a performance problem here??

How much overhead do you think a plugin of this sort would add on normal
broker functioning?

My concern is while attempting to secure my broker from unintentional DOS
kind of attack, I don't want to overdo these things and degrade normal
functioning as well :)

Thanks again for all the help.
-Abhi