activemq-users mailing list archives

From samdowning <samdowning2...@gmail.com>
Subject Throughput drop with NIO transport as compared to TCP transport
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 10:16:49 GMT
Hi ActiveMQDevs,

I was fiddling around with NIO transport connector in ActiveMQ v5.11.1. I
can see the expected thread count reduction when using NIO connector. I did
some quick throughput testing also and found that with NIO transport
connector the throughput drops by more than 1.5 times to what I get with TCP
transport connector.

I used 1 subscriber and 1 producer on queue with non-persistent messages to
measure the throughput.
I tried the same thing 20 producers and 1 subscriber but similar results -
throughput with NIO was much less than TCP.

Is throughput expected to drop with NIO transport connector?

Thanks,
Sam