activemq-users mailing list archives

From mattmadhavan <mattmadha...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Hangs- Large volume of small messages. Consumer don't receive msgs
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:33:08 GMT
Hello,
I have a strange problem with ActiveMQ. I initially produce about 6600
messages in one call (each representing a start id /end id for records in
DB).

I have three clients with with 20 threads processing these messages. Please
note that the clients are 'slow' clients. They read a message, load 500 to
1000 records apply bunch of Rules and commit to a DB.

I am using apache camel activemq component to read the messages with
*prefetch.all=1* as advised. I am using Bitronix JTA Transaction Manager.

After about 2 to 3 three hours or so, the consumers do not receive any
messages!!! There is no error, warning nothing! It Just stops.

Its not enough if I restart the broker. /I have to restart both the Activemq
and the consumers for my application to continue./ All is good after that!

Any ideas please? Been stuck on this for two weeks. Any help/advise will be
greatly appreciated.

I thank you in advance!

Thanks
Matt'M