activemq-users mailing list archives

From Scammell <mark.har...@meridianenergy.co.nz>
Subject Adding users and console access
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:59:54 GMT
ActiveMQ version 5.10.1

With reference to the security documentation at
http://activemq.apache.org/security.html, I'm trying to add a new user to my
ActiveMQ configuration. This user should only be able to see a subset of the
available queues on the broker.

I have done the following:

1) Added an entry in users.properties:

myuser=mypassword

2) Added an entry in groups.properties:

publishers=admin,myuser
consumers=admin,myuser

3) Added an entry to activemq.xml, in the plugins element of the broker
element:

<authorizationPlugin>
  <map>
    <authorizationMap>
      <authorizationEntries>
        <authorizationEntry queue=">" read="admins" write="admins"
admin="admins" />
        <authorizationEntry queue="MYQUEUEPREFIX.>" read="consumers"
write="publishers" admin="admins" />
      </authorizationEntries>
    </authorizationMap>
  </map>
</authorizationPlugin>

When I restart ActiveMQ and access the admin console at
myServerURL:8161/admin, I enter the newly created username and password
(myuser/mypassword) in the supplied "Authentication required" box but it
doesn't give me access to the console. The only way I can get in is by using
the already-defined "admin" user.