activemq-users mailing list archives

From wonderkind <kevin...@am.sony.com>
Subject Re: Creating a Network of Replicated LevelDB broker clusters
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:09:00 GMT
Hi Jim,

How big is your network?  Do you see any significant degradation with a network of replicated
levelDB brokers?  Please see my comment below in red on my original post on the forum.

Thanks.

Kevin

From: "James A. Robinson-2 [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4694015h24@n4.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s2283324n4694015h24@n4.nabble.com>>
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 7:04 AM
To: SNEI <kevin.su@am.sony.com<mailto:kevin.su@am.sony.com>>
Subject: Re: Creating a Network of Replicated LevelDB broker clusters

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 11:48 AM, wonderkind <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4694015&i=0>>
wrote:

> Has anyone ever created a network of brokers, with each broker been a
> Master/Slave replicated LevelDB store?

My understanding has been that, for replicated LevelDB, you need
a set of three brokers, one master two slave, in order to have proper
redundancy.  You can then network those sets of brokers together
using networkConnectors.

That's what we're planning on deploying. It's what I've been testing
for our setup.

[ksu] How are you planning on discover the brokers?  Via multi-cast auto-discovery, or by
specifying URLs statically?   The later gets harder to maintain as the the fabric’s membership
grows.   However, I am not sure if there is any timing issue associated with the auto-discovery
of masters, and the auto-discvoery of brokers for the network.

> Is this possible? Any problem with stability during new master election?

Yes, I ran into http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5082
fairly early.  I've not seen any response to my patch, so while I've
got a patched version for myself it's not clear to me whether or
not the fix will be accepted by the developers.

[ksu] Could you share the patch? Which version of ActiveMQ are you using?

Jim

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Creating-a-Network-of-Replicated-LevelDB-broker-clusters-tp4693979p4694015.html
NAML<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>