activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James A. Robinson" <j...@highwire.org>
Subject Re: Data Migration from KahaDB to LevelDB?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:14:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Tim Bain <tbain@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:

> And there would need to be a change
> to allow a non-durable subscriber to disconnect from the old broker without
> unsubscribing the consumer and to resume that subscription once the
> connection is made to the new broker (and obviously this would have to be
> implemented so that it only behaves that way when that subscription is in
> transition and no at other time).

I think I was assuming a flow like this:

(0) existing b1 is planned to be deprecated

(1) introduce the new broker, b2

(2) old consumers still read b1, add new consumers to read b2

(3) start switching publishers to point to b2, and add a network connector
on b1 forwarding to b2

(4) allow b1 to be drained by the old consumers and by pulls from b2

(5) shut down the old consumers and b1

Is that flawed?