activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: compressed activemq messages
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:25:10 GMT
The first time the message crosses a network link with useCompression=true,
the body of the message will be compressed.  It will stay compressed until
it is read (by a consumer, by browsing the queue on the broker, by an
embedded Camel route that examines the body, etc.), after which it will
stay uncompressed until it crosses another network link where
useCompression=true.

So if your producers send messages to the broker across a connection where
useCompression=true and you don't do anything with the message on the
broker, its body will be compressed for the entire time it's in the
broker's memory.  Headers, however, are always uncompressed.

Tim