activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: compressed activemq messages
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 14:42:04 GMT
Your message bodies have to be pretty large for the headers to not be the
lion's share of the space usage...  I haven't looked at memory usage
specifically, but I can confirm that using compression does make a
difference to the size of the packets on the wire (testing with 20KB highly
repetitive XML messages that compressed well) so I'd expect a similar
improvement in memory, even given the overhead from the objects themselves.