activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Queue depth questions
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 13:22:19 GMT
There is no queuing on the producer.  This can lead to inefficiency if the
path from producer to broker crosses a high-latency network link.

There is queuing on the consumer.  Read up on prefetch (
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html, for
starters) for more info.

Any messages not dispatched to a consumer are stored on the broker.  This
is where you could discard one message in favor of another.  Look at the
info about the Constant Pending Message Strategy on
http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html for details of what
it can do for you.