activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Using chronicle map to store off heap data easily
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:46:59 GMT
We run on VMs where even "local" disk is on a SAN, so anything that stays
in memory (i.e. ConcurrentHashMap) will be faster than anything that gets
written to disk (i.e. ChronicleHashMap), even if it eliminates garbage
collection.  So this isn't a drop-in replacement we'd welcome unless it was
configurable for which one to use.

Tim