activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject One connection or multiple connections?
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:49:24 GMT
Right now I create one connection per VM, and I have about 20 VMs, then I
create about 500 threads per VM (my app is highly thread-centric), and each
thread creates a session.

Would I be better off creating more than 1 connection and loading my
sessions across them?

So maybe 10 connections and 50 sessions each?

I’m still trying to track down slow message handling.  I have hundreds of
threads waiting for ActiveMQ but they aren’t receiving messages.

I have about 5000 messages sitting in my queue but they aren’t being sent
to the workers.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*