activemq-users mailing list archives

From "joseph.gagnon" <joseph.gag...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Cannot set consumer option (exception thrown)
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:04:56 GMT
I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 and Java 1.7.

I tried to set a consumer option to make the consumer retroactive by
appending the option to the topic name when creating the topic destination:

      destination =
session.createTopic("topicName?consumer.retroactive=true");

This is how we are instructed to do this from more than once source. It does
not work however. When it tries to create the consumer, the following
exception is thrown:

[2015-03-06 08:59:45,735  WARN] There are 1 consumer options that couldn't
be set on the consumer. Check the options are spelled correctly. Unknown
parameters=[{retroactive=true}]. This consumer cannot be started.
org.apache.activemq.ConfigurationException: There are 1 consumer options
that couldn't be set on the consumer. Check the options are spelled
correctly. Unknown parameters=[{retroactive=true}]. This consumer cannot be
started.

I tried other settings (e.g. priority=1) and got the same exception.

What am I doing wrong?