activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: consume one MessageGroup by several consumers
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:53:05 GMT
Selectors would work, but I recommend to avoid them - they can lead to
confusion and problems.  For example, adding consumers with selectors to a
queue with a large backlog of messages means every one of those messages
must be evaluated against the selector to see if it matches, hurting
performance.  Also, one question that comes up often on the boards - "I have
unconsumed messages" - and selectors sometimes lead to this confusion.

For the Op -- is it possible to rework the solution to use two different
queues?  Queues are just that - a first-in, first-out structure for
messages.  If two sets of messages should not affect each other, then
separate queues is likely the best approach.