activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Patton <MPat...@CalAmp.com>
Subject PolicyEntry parse order and constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy and message counts
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:51:46 GMT
For all the documentation out there I can't find any mention as to parse order of activeMQ.xml
as it relates to policy entries.

Is it first match? Last match? Most specific match? For example:

                <policyEntry memoryLimit="64mb" queue="PumpQueue" producerFlowControl="false">
                  <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                    <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="175000"/>
                  </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                </policyEntry>
                <policyEntry memoryLimit="16mb" producerFlowControl="true" queue="&gt;">
                </policyEntry>

Are my PumpQueue settings being overridden by the wildcard entry that comes later?

Also if the limit is 175000 why does Pending Messages (admin/queues.jsp) keep climbing way
past that number? Are the messages really being discarded as intended but it's just that there
isn't a metric for discard? How does one verify correct behavior?