activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Proof that a lock GCing inactive destinations cause ActiveMQ to halt consumers and producers and DoS the broker
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:20:07 GMT
Kevin, have you considered using message groups, with one group per IP?
They'll guarantee in-order delivery of your messages to a single consumer,
which will let you throttle per IP.  You could only have one consumer per
IP (I think, though maybe there's a way to have more and I don't know about
it), but otherwise it seems to match your use case pretty well.  Is there
something obvious I'm not thinking of that prevents you from using them?