activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: Master/Slave with repliacated LevelDB, ZooKeeper, and F5 load-balancer
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 21:06:48 GMT
Huh..

This is complicated.

I think you would be better off using failover honestly.

I’m not sure how AMQ clients would handle the protocol issues with the F5..

I *believe* the way the failover protocol works is that broker1 detects
that it’s failing and shuts off its port.  I may be wrong though.  I’ve
always felt this was NOT a good idea because the failing node could be have
pathologically and refuse to shut off its port and not trigger the
failover.

the way that WE planned on doing it was monitoring it and when we want to
cut over, we were just going to reboot the AMQ master and our AMQ isn’t in
init by default so when the box reboots ActiveMQ won’t be running.