activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Documentation on internal LevelDB design?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 18:47:32 GMT
Is there any documentation on the internal LevelDB design?

I can just dive into the source of course but I was curious if there was a
high level document explaining how it works.

I’m curious how individual queues are backed in LevelDB as I can’t
understand why GCing them takes too long.

I started working on a proposal for a new in-memory , journaled persistence
layer, at least to think out loud, but then realized that in theory LevelDB
*may* already be laid out like this.

During destination removal the LevelDB code must be doing something rather
silly since each operation takes about 100ms..

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*