activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: determining the host that consumed/produced a message?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:23:56 GMT
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Tim Bain <tbain@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:

> Are you really looking for every message to result in a second message
> going to the advisory topic, especially at the volume you've described for
> your use cases?  This seems like a good opportunity to rethink this part of
> your solution (and we'll help of you'd like).

I appreciate it.  At the moment I’m fine in terms of raw message
throughput.  My issue so far has been the performance with LevelDB since
I’m using somewhat ephemeral queues.

It takes about 100ms to GC them which is my big problem at the moment.

I switched to using an in-memory broker and so far my performance has been
fine.

This is why I asked about the design of LevelDB there and see if there are
any obvious fixes.

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com