activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Sending directly to a queue doesn’t raise ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.>
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 22:24:58 GMT
I’m unsure if this is a bug or another ActiveMQ idiosyncrasy…

If I send to a producer with:

        MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer( dest );
        producer.send( message );

That works and I receive the advisory.

However, if send like this:

        MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer( null );
        producer.send( dest, message );

The advisory isn’t raised.  I have a unit test to confirm that the message
was delivered to the queue and that it fails to raise the advisory.

The problem is that the second method is about 5x faster than the first.

I can certainly rewrite my code, but this could lead to bugs where code
expects to receive the advisory notice but now there’s a back door to send
messages without the advisory message meaning that you could break
production code.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*