activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: Time needed to start ActiveMQ completely
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 06:22:52 GMT
You’re about to write a bug :-P

There should be no minimum and maximum time… in recovery, it could take
5-15 minutes.

Just write a waitForPort() look and try to connect the port on startup and
put some reasonable bound in there.  Say 5 minutes.

I usually don’t use connectTimeout though because that shouldn’t block
forever.

Also, just keep ActiveMQ running all the time as a daemon.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*