activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject ActiveMQ performance during bulk queue GC.
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2015 04:42:54 GMT
I’m still tracking down this bulk queue GC bug I’ve been dealing with.

Right now I’m working on a test to duplicate the problem.

However, in the mean time I noticed this:

http://pastebin.com/PwPJQLNu

… in regionBroker.

Essentially, the code holds the write lock during the entire time of the GC
for *all* the queues.

In my experience, on disk, it takes 100ms to GC a queue (at least under
load)

It seems like a better strategy here would be to have the GC interval be
very low, say 5 seconds, but then have a getMaxPurgedDestinationsPerSweep
value low.. say 1-5 …

The problem is that there is no way to change this value anywhere.  There
aren’t any configuration directives for this.  From the source, it looks
like it’s only used within testing.

Perhaps this should become a config directive?

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*