activemq-users mailing list archives

From "joseph.gagnon" <joseph.gag...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject RE: Time based filter?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:38:18 GMT
Yes. I want the receiver to only have to worry about dealing with receiving messages every
tenth of a second (using my example) even though the producer is sending them out much faster.
 The receiver will get only every tenth message, which is fine.

From: Kevin Burton [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml-node+s2283324n4692058h92@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:33 PM
To: Gagnon, Joseph - 0558 - MITLL
Subject: Re: Time based filter?

you want to rate limit the clients?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM, joseph.gagnon <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm looking for strategies/techniques that could be used to implement
> time-based filtering of received messages. The scenario is that a message
> producer produces messages at a fast rate (e.g. 100 Hz) and the consumer
> needs to receive and handle them at a slower rate (e.g. 10 Hz). If messages
> are lost between reads, that is OK.  When it's time to do the next read, it
> gets whatever is currently available from the sender.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
<http://spinn3r.com>

  _____

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Time-based-filter-tp4692048p4692058.html

.
 <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML

smime.p7s (7K) <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4692059/0/smime.p7s>