activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marc Schöchlin ...@256bit.org>
Subject Re: Wrapper?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:43:13 GMT
Hi,

i wrote the the recent sysv init script :-)

I personally dislike the java service wrapper because:
- this prevents the addition of intelligence to the start/stop mechanisms in some ways
- this prevents execution on unix platforms which are not supported by the service wrapper
  (debian s390, arm, solaris, AIX, ....)
- this creates additional dependencies

Just use the initscript provided by activemq. What is the reason/benefit to use start-stop-daemon?

Probably we can add some logic to the init script function invokeJar-Function
(https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/assembly/src/release/bin/activemq)

Regards
Marc

--
GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net