activemq-users mailing list archives

From Llama007 <...@planetgates.com>
Subject Virtual Destination selector with unwanted messages
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:26:11 GMT
Hello
We have a situation we are using a Virtual Destination with a message
selector.  The virtual destination is NOT selectorAware because we want to
get messages when there are no consumers on the queue.  This has the effect
of forwarding every message sent to the Virtual Topic to the destination
queue regardless of if it matches the message selector or not.  This means
messages that will never be subscribed by the message selector will
eventually fill up the queue.
Is there any way to clean up those 'unselected' messages short of creating
another consumer with a message selector that negates the original message
selector?

We are using ActiveMQ 5.10

Thanks
Tim