activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Marking a destination read-only?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:30:06 GMT
I think I understand - there's a need to throttle for each IP, and there are
many IP addresses, and the set of IP addresses changes over time.

It's important that requests for each IP operate in a queue manner so that
throttling by IP is effective across all of the processors.  And the
throttling needs to be based on the time each request is processed, not when
the requests are received.

At the root of all paths to a solution coming to mind is the following: all
requests for one IP address must be queued in a manner that keeps them
separate from all requests for other IP addresses so that intentionally
throttling one IP does not unintentionally throttle any others.

Ideas are coming to mind, but nothing solid.  I'll let you know if anything
comes to mind.  Please let me know if I misunderstood your use-case.