activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Start ActiveMQ server in already existing port
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 13:56:06 GMT
If you try to start a broker that uses a port that's already in use, the
broker will fail to start.  You'll see errors in the logs, and the process
won't be running.

Didn't we just give you three ways to detect if the broker is already
running?

Also, I think the standard start script won't let you start the broker more
than once.  If the broker is already running and was started by your user,
the start script will exit with a message to the console saying ActiveMQ is
already running.  So this should only be a concern if another user started
the broker or if a non-ActiveMQ process is using the port.

Also, fir this question, it's super-easy for you to just try it yourself
and see what the behavior is; why are you emailing us instead of just doing
it and seeing for yourself?