activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Performance falls dramatically when GCing large numbers of inactive queues?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:39:50 GMT
We use a ton of queues… like something like 400-500k.

The problem is that we also GC them when we’re inactive for long amounts of
time. I’m a bit worried that the’ll end up wasting tons of resources.

the problem is that AMQ seems to go through “GC" storms (not Java GC but
inactive queue GC) where it literally does NO work during this period.

2015-01-29 16:27:06,239 | INFO  | foo-queue Inactive for longer than 900000
ms - removing ... | org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | ActiveMQ
Broker[util0044.example.com] Scheduler

During this period, AMQ is completely locked up and performs no work.

I suspect there is some sort of mutex lock here which preventing AMQ from
doing work while performing queue GC and that most people don’t see this
(ever) because typical GC is about 1-2 queues.

Would this be a correct assumption?

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com