activemq-users mailing list archives

From krishy <calvinkri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consumer queues of virtual topic and the web console
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:51:27 GMT
I am able to reproduce this consistently. Messages don't arrive at the
consumer of the virtual topic queue.
I have a simple test case in this maven project:

https://bitbucket.org/calvinkrishy/camel-jms-test

One should be able to run it with mvn camel:run. The test uses 5.10.0 as an
embedded broker. There are two Camel routes. One sends messages to the
virtual topic and another consumes from the queue of the virtual topic based
on a selector.

These are the patterns I observe:

- Initially message show up at the consumer almost immediately.
- By the 350-400th message there is a marked slow-down. Messages arrive in
batches at the consumer.
- After around the 700th message being sent, nothing comes to the consumer.

I have also tried it with stock ActiveMQ 5.10.0 installation (i.e. stand
alone broker, default install with no changes) and can still see the
problem. Even if I completely stop the program and start it again nothing
arrives at the consumer. Only after I restart the broker does the behavior
return to normal (and that too for a short time).

Any pointers?