activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: How to send a struct via ActiveMQ CMS?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:38:25 GMT
This is really a C/C++ question - how to serialize/de-serialize data.  There
is no simple answer.  Every time I've done any such thing in C/C++ (which
was my focus area for >15 years from College on), I wrote a custom
serializer/deserializer.

If you want something easier to code, and are not overly concerned with the
overhead, try looking for JSON libraries to make the task simpler and use
JSON on the wire.  Another nice thing about doing so is that JSON can be
processed easily with any language you might use.

Keep in mind that structures in C or C++ can be different after compilation
on different platforms due to padding and alignment constraints, and that
byte-ordering of the platform also leads to potential problems.