activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Will using virtual topic effect my current setup of ActiveMQ?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 16:02:51 GMT
I think virtual topics may work for you.

1. There is no impact on existing topics; virtual topics are enabled by
default and use a special naming pattern for the Topic and associated
Queues.  If there are no associated queues, the virtual topic acts just like
a normal topic.

2. Virtual topics can have normal subscribers, but there is a caveat.  Every
broker that receives the message on the Topic will also copy it to the
associated queues.  With a network-of-brokers, this can lead to duplicate
messages on the Queues.

3. Deleting the consumer queue will simply stop the copying of messages from
the Virtual Topic to that queue.  Everything else should continue to work
fine.

Keep in mind - as with durable subscribers - a consumer queue with no
consumers can lead to problems, so please be sure to keep consumers active
on all of the consumer queues all the time.