activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Clarification of dispatched/dequed/enqueued statistics
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:47:26 GMT
Dispatched is # of times the message was sent to a consumer's prefetch
buffer to be consumed, and Dequeued is # of times the message was
successfully consumed.  Both relate to taking messages out of the
destination, not to putting them into it.

Dequeued will be > Enqueued if the # of consumers for which the message
matches consumers' selectors is > 1; in your case, it looks like you have 5
consumers.  Dispatched will be > Dequeued if messages are sent to a
consumer's prefetch buffer but not consumed (e.g. if a durable subscriber
disconnects with messages still in its prefetch buffer, then reconnects,
gets those messages a second time, and consumes them).

Tim