activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Meulemans <m.meulem...@tkhinnovations.com>
Subject Dropping slow AMQP consumer behaviour
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:50:32 GMT
I have a question about what the expected behaviour of dropping a slow AMQP
consumer is/should be. I am using 5.11-SNAPSHOT. The behaviour I am
observing is as follows:

- I have an AMQP (proton-c) client that is consuming messages from ActiveMQ
from a specific queue via a specific AMQP link.
- The client is on a different machine from ActiveMQ
- While device is correctly consuming messages turn off the wifi on the
AMQP machine (there are still messages in this queue).
- Obviously communication stops.
- Turn back on the wifi.
- ActiveMQ will have dropped the "slow" consumer: 2014-12-22 11:57:07,414 |
INFO  | aborting slow consumer: ID:ubuntu-hp-54642-1418997390497-2:16:0:0
for destination:queue://somequeue |
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.policy.AbortSlowConsumerStrategy |
ActiveMQ Broker[localhost] Scheduler
- Both computers still consider the TCP connection to be active (the
connection is still listed also by ActiveMQ
- On the client nothing happens: no messages are consumed anymore
(obviously), AMQP link is open on remote and local side.

Currently I seem to be unable to recover from this situation because the
client does not know ActiveMQ has drop it as a consumer. I expected
ActiveMQ to close the AMQP link, or maybe even the session, after which
recovering would be fairly trivial.

Any ideas?

--
Marcel