activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Meulemans <m.meulem...@tkhinnovations.com>
Subject Re: Dropping slow AMQP consumer behaviour
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:15:44 GMT
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Tim Bain <tbain@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
> Have you tried setting abortConnection=true on the
> AbortSlowConsumerStrategy, to have the broker close the TCP connection when
> it aborts the consumer, rather than just sending a request to the consumer
> to ask it nicely to abort?  I'm not sure if it will change the behavior,
> but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip. This doesn't change the behaviour much but does
shed some light on the problem. Now ActiveMQ closes the TCP connection
but still the client is unaware so this means the TCP connection is
really "broken" in some way. My conclusion is that the problem is not
solvable without some kind of keep-alive mechinisme (TCP or AMQP).

--
Marcel