activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kahadb vs Leveldb vs Replciated Leveldb] Performance Results
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 15:39:51 GMT
the difference between kahadb and leveldb stores is really only visible
when there are multiple competing consumers and producers.
Both need to persist messages to a journal so they will both be disk bound
for writes/sends.
kahadb has a single index lock that becomes a bottleneck for adds and acks.
leveldb allows concurrent reads and more parallel updates.
There needs to be contention (mulitple completing consumer connections) to
make this visible.