activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: LevelDB: Invalid log position WARN after destroying durable subscriber
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:45:45 GMT
It was one of my recent replies.  To be fair there isn’t much discussion on
this.. but it’s happening more and more on our install and our AMQ is being
VERY prone to data loss in production so I really need to track this down.

I’ve started a wiki page where I’m trying to take notes in public:

https://github.com/spinn3r/apache-activemq-5.10.0/wiki/Apache-ActiveMQ-%22No-reader-available-for-position%22-bug

I’m just starting to spend more time on this.

Basically, AMQ works fine for a few weeks and then has catastrophic data
loss, losing nearly all data.  This is on LevelDB .. I don’t think KahaDB
is impacted.

I’m also trying to mitigate it by making it super easy to rebuild a queue
with all our messages.  This way if we lose everything it only takes 5
minutes to re-enqueue everything again.