activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Network of brokers as a cluster
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 18:08:56 GMT
What you're describing sounds like what I warned about in my last
paragraph: messages are getting routed to broker1 while the consumer is
offline, which means they exist in broker1's message store and not anywhere
else in the network of brokers.  When broker1 goes offline, those messages
don't exist anywhere in the network of brokers, so they can't be delivered
when the consumer reconnects.  Once broker1 comes back online, they
reappear in the network of brokers and are delivered to the consumer (even
if the consumer is still on broker2).

If you can't afford to have previously-sent messages not delivered (and
potentially delivered out of order, since messages sent after broker1 goes
down will be delivered while it's down) while a broker is offline, you need
to use the master/slave broker configuration instead of a cluster.