activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ redelivering acknowledged messages
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:37:16 GMT
I second Kevin's suggestion; redelivered messages with CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE
could certainly be a bug somewhere in ActiveMQ, but it could very easily be
a case where your application logic is failing to acknowledge those
messages properly, such that the broker believes it needs to re-deliver
them once you disconnect and re-connect.  I'd make double-sure (by stepping
through with a debugger) that your acknowledgments are being done properly
when everything works as expected, and also scour your code to make
sure that there aren't any paths (e.g. exception handling) by which you
could bypass the acknowledgment if something unusual happened.