activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: browsing an entire queue?
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:06:17 GMT
I don't know if there's a way to do this without changing the broker config
(I doubt it, but I don't have any direct knowledge either way), but it
seems like a simple enough change to the broker config.  Other than the
need for a broker restart, is there a reason not to just do that?

Alternatively, you might be able to dump all messages to a log file by
adding a Camel route to the broker and using a wiretap within that route
that logs out each message as it passes through.  I've never used Camel
embedded on the broker, so I'm not sure if this route could be added
without a broker restart...

But more generally, do you need to browse more than 400?  Is that number of
messages really not enough to figure out why messages are backing up, and
yet seeing a few thousand is expected to show exactly what's going on?  And
even if you do need a larger sample size, can't you just browse multiple
times over a period of time and report on the aggregate numbers?