activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gregor <gle...@gmail.com>
Subject how to publish/subscribe to virtual topics over REST
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:43:37 GMT
Hi,

I want to use ActiveMQ over REST and achieve message persistence. I learned
that the only way to do that is using Virtual topics. The problem that i'm
running into is that I'm not receiving any messages on my queue
subscriptions.

Here are the details:

I've added the following snippet into the activemq.xml (inside <broker>):
<destinationInterceptors>
      <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
        <virtualDestinations>
          <virtualTopic name=">" prefix="VirtualTopicConsumers.*."
selectorAware="false"/>
        </virtualDestinations>
      </virtualDestinationInterceptor>
    </destinationInterceptors>

I'm publishing using the following command:

curl -u admin:admin -d "body=val1"
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/VirtualTopic/erdata" -d type=topic

I tried consuming using following command:

wget --user admin --password admin --save-cookies cookies.txt --load-cookies
cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies
"http://localhost:8161/api/message/Consumer/A/VirtualTopic/erdata?type=queue&clientId=A"

Unfortunately, there isn't anything that comes through to my subscriber.
hawtio tells me that I have a topic VirtualTopic.erdata where there are 0
consumers, 4 messages are enqueued and there are 0 dequeued and 0 dispatched
messages. There is a queue Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.erdata that has 1
consumer but there are 0 enqueued, dispatched and dequeued messages.

What am I doing wrong here?
Thank you in advance,
Gregor