activemq-users mailing list archives

From jeremy11 <liav.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network of brokers as a cluster
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:20:04 GMT
Hi,

I also tested durable subscriber on a network of 2 brokers and you are
correct this case can also happen, from the documents on durable
subscription: "However, if the subscriber disconnects and reconnects to
broker A, any messages sent by P while the subscriber was away will be stuck
on B until the subscriber reconnects to B" (from
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-use-durable-subscribers-in-a-network-of-brokers.html
).
so going to master/slave solution seems to be one solution but in this case
you should have:
1. shared file system  or,
2. shared db or,
3. use Replicated LevelDB Store - the documentation says it is recommended
to use  at least 3 replica nodes

I can't assume I will have shared file system or shared db in production and
I dont want more than 2 brokers so if I can leave with the fact that if the
subscriber goes down and goes up again it should make sync (with db/rest
server etc) and only then reconnects to the broker I think the solution of
simple topic might be enough with the failover of consumer and producer to
each of the brokers to ensure that if one broker goes down the consumer and
producer will automatically connects to the second broker.

thanks again Tim