activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Question about Network Brokers
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:40:06 GMT
You could have Version 1 producers send to a different destination than
Version 2 producers, and have the Version 1 consumers connect to Server 1
and the Version 2 consumers connect to Server 2.  Or you could set a
version number as an attribute on the message and then have the consumers
use message selectors to only get the messages with the correct version.
Either approach would work, and wouldn't require any special configuration
in the brokers (and the producer/consumer configuration would be simple).
And both of those approaches could be used without needing two separate
brokers, if you didn't want to have two.

You can run multiple ActiveMQ brokers on the same machine, as long as you
make sure you customize the ports so they don't conflict.

Tim