activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <andr...@wayofquality.de>
Subject Re: master-slave topology in network of brokers
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 06:49:55 GMT
Hi,

you might want to try this link:
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

In a nutshell I think it is fair to say that a network of brokers covers sharing the load
between a number of concurrently active brokers and the “normal” use case is a cluster
somewhere and the throughput is shared across those. The master/slave configuration is to
make a broker resilient. Within a master slave configuration only one of the brokers is active
at any point in time and serve JMS clients.

This having said, every node in a network of brokers could be a master/slave pair. This is
how I normally set up my messaging backbone in my projects.

Best regards
Andreas