activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dani Kaplan <kaplan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I "catch" ActiveMQ server disconnects in the client ?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 10:48:14 GMT
I'm using the Dot Net NMS client.
Once the server goes offline I get an exception on the listener thread
(which I can only catch on the application level)

I have 2 question.
1. Is there a way to catch the error like a message (adding "OnError" event
like OnMessage)
2. I decided to periodically test the consumer for the connection state.
    I can see in the watch that there is a property named "Closed" in the
MessageConsumer Class the reflects the connection status. for some reason I
can't access this properties (it will not compile as if it doesn't exists in
the class or the interface) casting did not help.

What would be the best way to handle server disconnect - (I want to wait a
min, and try to reconnect again)

Thanks,
Dani