activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ-DB-persistence
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:14:36 GMT
Hopefully you saw that the mailing list thread you referenced was from nine
years ago.  You might want to consult more current information, such as
http://activemq.apache.org/persistence.html and
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html.

I've not used JDBC persistence in years, but my understanding is that the
tables are created automatically; you could test that by creating a small
test database and pointing AMQ at it and seeing what happens.

You can see the table definitions by looking at the SQL commands that
create them e.g. in
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org$maven2@org.apache.activemq$activemq-osgi@5.10.0@org$apache$activemq$store$jdbc$Statements.java
or directly within the ActiveMQ source code.

But all of this begs the question "Why are you using JDBC?"  By all
accounts, it's far less performant than LevelDB or even KahaDB, so why is
this a path you're even trying to go down, rather than using one of those
other performance adapters?

Tim