activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: What all problems with broker or network can be detected using Transport Listener?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:20:06 GMT
I can't answer your question about TransportListeners, I'm using Camel and
the AbortSlowConsumerStrategy, and when it aborts a slow consumer, I get
the following two lines in that consumer's log file:

WARN 2014-Sep-24 00:02:09.082 [Camel (camel-1) thread #0 -
JmsConsumer[Foo]]
camel.component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:837
- Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination 'Foo' -
trying to recover. Cause: The Consumer is closed
WARN 2014-Sep-24 00:02:09.095 [Camel (camel-1) thread #0 -
JmsConsumer[Foo]]
camel.component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer.refreshConnectionUntilSuccessful:886
- Successfully refreshed JMS Connection

I would expect to see the same logging (maybe with a different underlying
cause on the first line) no matter what the reason the connection gets
closed, though I haven't tried to test that.

So if you're using Camel, those two log lines should let your clients know
that there was a problem; if you're using another framework, then it may
provide its own logging when a disconnection occurs.  Or maybe someone else
can provide you more info about TransportListeners.