activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marco Sacchetto <marco.sacche...@pradac.it>
Subject Re: 5.10.0: Unable to connect via jmx
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 07:47:33 GMT
Hi, there are 4 things to check out in your configuration.
1. The JMX configuration should be done from your wrapper file as someone
pointed out. Easier to mantain and goes with the documentation, but it's
still "optional" as there are several ways to implement it, and as
ActiveMQ's documentation lacks in completeness too.
2. To enable the setting of the rmi port, you need to use Java7, be sure of
it and confirm with a netstat that the correct ports are opened and
listening.
3. You need, of course, to allow access to those ports in your firewall.
4. JMX only binds to a single address. Don't rely on seeing the port open
on 0.0.0.0 with your OS tools. If you bind it to localhost or 127.0.0.1 in
your configuration, it will only answer on that address. If you need it to
answer on the public address, you must bind the JMX server to it. If you
don't bind it to any specific address, it should bind itself to the address
that is usually found in linux by the command "hostname -i".

Best Regards
Marco

--
Questo messaggio è di carattere riservato ed è indirizzato esclusivamente
al destinatario specificato. L'accesso, la divulgazione, la copia o la