activemq-users mailing list archives

From bansalp <bpradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Virtual Topic, Composite Queue, Composite Topic forward characteristics?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:43:51 GMT
Hi

I was trying to evaluate these features and am stuck on how they forward
messages.

>From  this
<http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.10.0-schema.html#compositeTopic>

and  this <http://
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.10.0-schema.html#compositeQueue>

. I know Composite topic and Composite queue forward message in parallel if
concurrentSend is set to true, but I got no such information about Virtual
Topic.

How virtual topic forward message, is it in parallel or sequential?

What are differences between Virtual Topic and Composite Topic/Queue?
By searching on web and activemq forum I just got  this difference
<http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-difference-between-a-virtual-topic-and-a-composite-destination.html>

. What are other differences? If not then why two features are there for
same functionality?

(I know composite topic and queue differ only if forwardOnly is set to
false)