activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: evaluating clustering options for AMQ 5.9.1
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:17:23 GMT
Something to keep in mind— different clustering options provide different capabilities. Network
of Brokers provides scaling, reduced latency for the “next” message to be processed (fault
tolerance), while Master-Slave / LevelDB replication provide high availability of messages
that have yet to be consumed.

The right clustering / HA strategy can change the expected behavior of the overall system—
specifically, are you expecting to maintain message ordering?

Testing master-slave HA is straight forward with KahaDB.. just point two instances to the
same KahaDB data directory and you’ll see the second instance logging that it can’t obtain
the lock. Drop the first instance, and in a few seconds the slave will take over the data
store.

LevelDB w/ replication generally starts with three nodes to get up and running.